How to install Netgear AC1200 Dual-Band WI-Fi router?
Netgear AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi router is enlisted to be one of the best routers of the Netgear. The Router with these capabilities and features can enlighten your residence with the heavy transmission of Wi-Fi signals into the router. The device is easily installed within our residence through Netgear Genie desktop which automatically identifies the Internet Connection type. Netgear AC1200 delivers the stagnant speed of 1200Mbps with the help of its powerful antennas and magnificent dual frequency bands.
Unlike all the other routers which can be placed only upright, these routers can easily be placed horizontally as they have their flat base which provides them with the easy adaptability to be placed anywhere around your home. The users while performing the Netgear Router setup can also take the instructions from the Easy Setup Guide. The guide book of Netgear carries the graphical instructions of setting up the router which ease the user to conveniently setup the device in his residence. The graphical instructions even carry the advantage of allowing the users to acknowledge the devices which he will be required for setting up the router. If the user wants to establish the wireless connection between the router and the system then he must give his concern over the sticker which comes along with the box. The stickers will carry the Network Name as well as the password which will be essentially required for setting up the wireless connection between the devices.
Steps to install Netgear AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi router
- Before starting the setup, make sure the modem is connected to the Internet with the fiber cable of the Ethernet.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable into the port residing at the back of your modem connecting the WAN port of the router.\
- Now, connect the power adapter to the power outlet and turn on the power switch. Make sure the LED indicator on the front of the router turns on immediately.
- Note: This could take a few minutes for the LED to get stable.
- Now, if you want to establish wireless connection, Go to the Network settings and select the Network Name relevant to your Netgear Router.
- Note: If you have a new computer or laptop then you will be able to identify two available networks. One with the name of Netgear 2.4GHz and second with the name of Netgear 5GHz.
- Now tap on the 5G network to connect to your device and fill up the password when prompted. You will be redirected directly to the setup Window of your Netgear Genie.
- The window will ask you to set up the router password. Mention the router password and retype it on the Confirm password section window of the Netgear Router Setup.
- Once you enter the router password and answer any of two security questions, the screen will fall into the window of notifying you to the successful connection with the Internet.
- The screen will display all the username along with their passwords.
- Click on Next tab and it takes you directly to the Firmware Upgrade page.
- It takes you to the Firmware Upgrade page. If the new Firmware will be available for your router, it will display the information. Click on Yes button to initialize the process.
- The upgrade Process will take 10 to 15 minutes and your router will get reboot automatically after the process.
Note: Do not interrupt the Firmware Upgrade process as it will automatically lead your router to the reboot process and will allow your router to successfully get over with the installation.