Netgear WNDR4720 Centria router
Netgear router setup wizard is a convenient and user-friendly application interface that is web-enabled. The users can easily access the admin dashboard of their Netgear wireless routers. Just enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in the URL bar of your browser and hit enter. Authenticate your access to the dashboard by providing the default username and password.
The Admin dashboard of the routers provides access only when the user authenticates the login page with their credentials i.e. the username and the password. The default username and the password for most of the Netgear routers, modems and other networking devices are “admin” and “password”. This username and password are case sensitive values and should be entered carefully.
Netgear WNDR4720 Centria router setup (http://routerlogin.net)
Earlier on this portal, we have discussed the whole setup and configuration process of Netgear wireless routers which can be done by accessing the router setup page through the web address routerlogin.net or through the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
But in this section, we will shed some light on the various connection methods through which the users can connect their routers to the computer system. The prior connection in between the router and the computer device either a laptop or desktop is mandatory because if the router and PC are not connected to each other, the data transmission to other devices cannot take place.
The router can be connected to the computer system through one of the three below mentioned methods.
- WPS mode of connection (wireless)
- Ethernet cable connection (LAN/RJ45)
- Connection over the Wi-Fi (wireless)
WPS mode of connection stands for the Wi-Fi protected setup method. The WPS mode of connection between the router and the computer is quite fast and simple. What the user needs to do is just press a small button (WPS) given on the back panel of the router.
Below is the detailed guide for using this WPS method for establishing a secure and fast connection between your Netgear router and a computer device.
- Open the router, connect its power supply and switch it on. Wait for few seconds till the lights on its small display panel turn stable green/yellow from blinking green.
- Now, select and open your Internet and networking section. Now, press the WPS button on your router and wait for a second or two until your PC gets connected to the router or vice versa.
So, the above-mentioned procedure depicts this WPS connection.
Things to remember about WPS connection
- Don’t take too much time to press the WPS button of the router as the lag in between can deny the wireless connection and you may have to start all again.
- The WPS mode of connection can only be used with those wireless networks whose security has been kept up to date and which allows only the WPA/WPA 2 or WPSK type of security keys.
- The users cannot connect their router to the computer, if the router supports only the outdated security type i.e. WEP keys and below versions.
Connection through the Ethernet cable
One of the most reliable ways of getting your router connected to the computer and ready for configuration is the LAN cable method (wired method). The LAN cable method refers to the wired connection between the router and the computer.
- Connect the modem to the WLAN port or internet port of the modem with an Ethernet cable (LAN cable).
- Similarly, the computer needs to be connected to any one of the several LAN ports of the router again through the Ethernet cable (RJ45).
- Now switch on the power supply of the router and wait for few seconds for the router’s indicator lights to get stable from blinking.
- Your Router is now connected to the computer system (laptop/desktop) for the further configuration.
Note- It is important to note that the above-mentioned methods are depicted only for the connection between the router and the computer system. However, the users will be required to configure their router after this initial setup is done. The further configuration can be done by logging in to the Netgear router web domain www.routerlogin.net. If this web address is inaccessible in any case, then try to get into the setup dashboard of the router through the default IP address of the router i.e.192.168.1.1.